Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Fallen Soldier




Today I was reminded why I speak out about sickle cell disease. I found out that Phyllis Zachery-Thomas, a long-time sickle cell disease advocate and founder of SCD Soldier Network recently passed away.

Phyllis was an inspiration to me and one of the first voices on the internet, that I knew of, telling the world about sickle cell disease. She united people and inspired them to do something....anything.
God bless Phyllis Zachery-Thomas. Her memory lives on right here.

Sincerely,
P.Allen Jones

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You have won the Versatile Blogger award :) Stop by my blog to collect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Raji. I am walking a mile in Phyllis' shoes and doing my part for people with sickle cell disease.

      Delete